📍 Binangonan Community Pantry
Rose Mabuti, one of Boldr's Service Delivery Managers, personally organized a community pantry at Brgy. Pag-asa, Binangonan Rizal that ran for a weekend. This is the second community pantry that their family initiated. Through our support, they were able to give packs of goods (rice, canned goods, eggplant, eggs, coffee, instant noodles, mangoes) to 420 families.
📍 Guagua Community Pantry
We supported the Guagua Community Pantry endorsed by Michelle Nobleza-Canlas. Our donation, coupled with that of other donors, provided 515 individuals and their families 2 kilos of rice and 3 packs of noodles.
📍 Lumban Community Pantry
We supported the community pantry in Lumban, Laguna, endorsed by Marissa Dela Cruz. Over 200 individuals benefited from the pantry, which was stocked with rice, bread, eggs, groceries, and vegetables. Yum!
📍 Mansalay Community Pantry
The students of Cagulong Elementary School in Oriental Mindoro received stationery supplies, snacks, and COVID essentials on June 9th. This pantry was co-organized by school principal Mr. Jerry Varona, father of Boldr Implementations Manager, Chatty Varona. Over the course of a day, 510 guardians collected goods on behalf of the kids.
📍 Dingalan Community Pantry
We supported a community pantry in Dingalan, a third-class municipality in Aurora. Dingalan thrived as a surf town prior to the pandemic, meaning its economy was extremely affected during the lockdown processes. This pantry sees an average of 30 people daily, and our small donation was able to reach some 180 individuals and their families.
📍 Infanta Community Pantry
The Infanta Community Pantry in Pangasinan provided grocery packs to 60 tricycle and pedicab drivers. Boldr Team Member Lorilie Quetua shares, "People here rely mainly on fishing and planting vegetables in their backyards, so this rainy season is a huge concern to them. A community pantry even this small is already a big help to the families."
📍 Metro Manila Community Pantry
On June 26th, we delivered groceries and fresh produce to 10 Community Pantries in Metro Manila, with the support of friends from Mobile in MNL.
- Our volunteer bikers donated to Isabela’s Birthday Pantry with Boldr Team Member Maria Uy. They also dropped donations at Ilang-Ilang Ususan Community Pantry.
- We supported the Bagyo Clan Community Pantry in Pateros, led by the family of Boldr team member Francis Corpuz. More than 50 individuals lined up for donations, mostly tricycle drivers.
- Caniogan Community Pantry, led by Team Member Melissa Gonzales, brought smiles to 40 families in the neighborhood.
- The Kamias and Botocan pantries were contemplating ceasing operations, but our support was able to further extend their operations. They have remained open for 70 days.
- In the Sta. Ana Community Pantry in Manila, our donations were spread over the course of three days, with an estimated 65 people coming to the pantry daily.
- The Sulyap ng Pag-Asa Community Pantry in Quezon City helped put food on the table for 50 families for a day.
Our work in supporting the Community Pantries is far from over. We will continue to channel our donors' generous contributions to existing pantries across the Philippines.
In the same spirit of our Social Dialogue, we at Boldr are also grateful that we were able to give back. This first pantry drive was made possible by our partnership with Meetup, their generous donation, and their genuine wish to positively impact the areas that needed it the most. As for us, we will continue to support our communities, wherever and whenever we can. If you would to learn more about our social impact partners or want to see what else we've been up to, check out our other articles here.